Every pilot should have one hook knife on each harness they fly with.Hook knives are used for the following reasons:
- if you are unable to release your tow bridle
- if you are getting dragged across the ground by a deployed reserve but can't disable it
- if you land in the water and can't get out of your harness/lines etc.
- if you are in a tree and need to cut yourself or your glider free
- if someone is hurt and needs to be cut out of their harness etc.
There are replaceable blades stored in the handle.
These knives are the industry standard and are 8 inches long.
Comes in colors shown (red pouch, black knife)