About Bozeman Paragliding
Bozeman Paragliding was founded in 2002 by Andy Macrae. Andy has been flying since 1997 and competes regularly in cross-country (XC) competitions. He competed on the US Team in Italy in 2017 and has held the Montana state distance record since 2005.
Based in one of the main gateways to Yellowstone National Park, Bozeman Paragliding is committed to bringing the absolute best instruction and free-flying experiences to the state of Montana. Constantly leaning towards safety & fun, Andy’s goal is to pass on not only the latest, but the safest techniques and mindsets that are being used in recreational, XC, competition and aerobatic flying today.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a school:
- Is the school safety conscious?
- Will they be fun to learn with?
- Does the school have a good history?
- Are they open minded about training techniques and new innovations?
- Do the instructors travel and learn from other world-class pilots?
- Are they available year-round?
- Are they experienced in and do they offer all forms of paragliding guidance (sled rides, ridge soaring, thermal, XC, mountain flying, competition, towing, aerobatics, over-water maneuvers, etc.)?
- Are they located near a consistent, safe training hill?
- Are they ready and willing to assist you during and long after your initial lessons?
- Do they offer several different brands of gliders and equipment for you to choose from?
- Are their prices in-line with other quality schools?
- Will they recommend the gear that's best for you, or just the gear they think they can sell to you?
- Possibly most importantly, would other schools and experienced pilots recommend them?